ABOUT THE NALUBAALE REVIEW
Nalubaale Review is an online literary magazine, will be published twice a year as themed issues. Content will be poems, short stories, articles, photo essays from African writers and artists.
The magazine aims to promote African literature and culture and will showcase Literature and arts events and initiatives from across Africa. To that effect, the magazine will have stories about happenings in the literary scene in Africa.
Our first issue themed the love and money question seeks your stories, poems, articles and photo essays. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com. Deadline for submission is 30th September 2018.
Guidelines for submissions:
- Submissions from any African citizen or African person living outside Africa are accepted
- Submissions should never have been published elsewhere in part or in full.
- Submissions published during or after submission will be disqualified.
- Writers should submit stories of any fiction genre
- Short stories should be between 2000 and 3000 words in length
- Poems must be no longer than 30 lines.
- Entries should be sent as attachments in Doc, Docx or PDF formats
- Type your document, using stipulated format is Times New Roman or any other readable font and font size 12.5 double-spaced.
- Put an accurate word count at the top right, number your pages and left-justify your paragraphs.
- Photo stories about the theme of love-money question are also welcome as long the photos are writers’ the own
- The submitted work should be the work of a single individual.
- Stories must be in English. If words from other languages are incorporated, the story must be able to be understood fully by their English content.
- You are welcome to enter under a pseudonym but should include your real name in the email body.
- Translated entries are welcome as long as the original story is the writer’s own work or has rights to it.
- Writers should submit their bio of not more than 200 words in the body of the email.
- All entries will be judged anonymously. Please do not put your name or any other identifying details anywhere on your entry.
- Your name and brief bio should be written in the body of the email.
- By submitting a story/poem, the writer attests that it is their own original work and grants exclusive global print and digital rights to Nalubaale Review for one year, and thereafter agrees to seek permission to republish and when published elsewhere attributes first publication to Nalubaale Review.
- By entering, the author agrees to allowing Nalubaale Review to include their entry in an online magazine, blog and other Nalubaale Review media should it be selected by the editors.
- Further enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries must be sent by 30th September 2018.
6 thoughts on “Call for submissions: The Nalubaale Review”
Thank you James for this and for supporting African Literature.
Reblogged this on Site Title.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hey James, The first issue of our magazine is out. Find it here; https://nalubaalereview.wordpress.com/2019/02/16/here-is-the-first-issue-of-the-nalubaale-review-literary-magazine/
Reblogged this on science of deduction and commented:
The Nalubaale Review Literary Magazine: Call for Submission